Here we are again – that time of year…its about food and feasting…eating is fun, but should be prudent.
“So many people spend their health gaining wealth, and then have to spend their wealth to regain their health.” A.J. Reb Materi.
Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing and not merely the absence of disease and infirmity.Remember the three tools our body needs are oxygen, water and nutrients. Therefore an imbalanced diet, lack of exercise, stress and its relationship to hormone imbalance,an acid-alkaline imbalance and toxic overload are the main causes of several health issues including weight gain. Just understanding the basics of weight management can help us go a long way.
Terri Guillemets has said: “When it comes to eating right and exercising there is no…….I’ll start tomorrow…….for tomorrow is disease.”
We are holistic beings. Our need is to recognize that our mind, body and soul are interconnected and what effects one has to effect the other. We have heard this one before: “You are what you eat!”…but more truthfully…. “You are what you absorb”
- Your diet:
- Don’t forget fiber in your diet.
- It has been suggested that at every meal or snack, one should incorporate the following: 30-40% protein, 20% good fats, 40-50% complex carbohydrates
- When shopping, avoid all foods with labels that say, “hydrogenated,” hydrolyzed” and “saturated fats”.
- Decreased metabolism: Increase your metabolism by exercising and maximizing hormonal balance.
- Exercise: The best time to exercise is in the morning, before you eat breakfast because any stored fat will be used for energy in exercising and will be shed easier. Besides exercise releases serotonins and endorphins that give you the “high” to make you feel good throughout the day.
- Hormonal Imbalance: Adrenal fatigue and a malfunctioning thyroid gland are the main culprits in making weight gain an issue. This is often caused by stress and toxins.
- Stress: This ages the hormonal systems. De-stressing helps you lose weight from the inside out.
- Don’t forget your Meditation and Breathing Techniques.
- Practice the Yoga of Psychotherapy. Rid yourself of harmful emotional memory. Take care of your soul.
- Take a few sessions in Healing Dynamics.
- Toxic overload: This must be addressed. Drink plenty of water: 64 oz. daily has been recommended. I have also found the Isagenix Nutritional System a useful tool in helping with toxin elimination with:
- Your liver cleanse, especially since this is your main filter and must be cleansed regularly.
- Include a colon cleanse as well.
- Acid-Alkaline Imbalance: Disease cannot flourish in an alkaine body. Ideally the body’s pH should remain around 7.3-7.5, which is slightly more alkaline. Test your saliva or urine pH, using litmus paper.(To purchase it online, my “Recommendations” page will give you a link)
- Acidic foods include: Dairy, viz: eggs, butter, cream, cheese and yogurt. Meat, shellfish and poultry, viz: beef, lamb, pork, chicken, turkey, shellfish and other similar types of foods. Refined sugars and artificial sweeteners in beverages and beverages like coffee, black tea, soda, concentrated juices and of course alcohol.
- Alkaline foods include: Vegetables and fruits especially citrus fruits and nuts. A green drink, made by juicing/emulsifying all the greens from your ‘garden patch’ has a pH of 10…certainly the way to go!
The following food choice ratios have been recommended:
- To regain health health(currently suffering/recovering from disease): 90% alkaline and 10% acidic
- To take your good health to the next level: 80% alkaline and 20% acidic
- To maintain current great health: a ratio of 70% alkaline and 30% acidic
The whole plan falls into place if you treat yourself as a multi-faceted being. Feed your body, mind and soul healthfully and you will feel better than you have in your entire life.
For more information on the following, visit:
- Your Diet: https://todayshealthylifestyle.com
- Your Diet and Hormonal Imbalance https://ezinearticles.com/?The-Dynamics-of-Weight-Management&id=474530
- Meditation: https://blog.mindvalley.com/tag/meditation/
- Breathing for Relaxation: https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTCS_05.htm
- The Yoga Of Psychotherapy https://amytorresacim.com/a-course-in-miracles-and-yoga/
- Isagenix: The Cleansing and Fat Burning System: https://myhealingdynamics.isagenix.com
- Acid-Alkaline Foods https://phmiracleliving.com
- When should I exercise https://t.co/4fJfvu8