Body sculpting exercises to flatten your tummy is the first in the series of our body sculpting program.
The right food choices are key to trimming your waistline and assisting the effectiveness of body sculpting exercises . Success is based on 2 principles. Stay away from fats and sugars. Eat fat burning foods.
- Walk away from all carbohydrates. The only thing that they do is to hug your waistline by being converted into fat and stored there.
- A tablespoon of olive oil a day is necessary for energy and proper metabolism. Anymore than this as butter, margarine or oils found in fried foods is stored as love handles.
- Burn and incinerate fat with increased protein intake. Protein shakes are fun. Fish is the next best choice. Lean meats of course follow.
- Increase your fiber. These rid you of fat. Fruits and raw vegetables eaten whole, in salads or juiced are great
Add the following exercises to strengthen your transversus abdominis muscle: Set aside 10 minutes every morning to do them. The tummy tucks described below however you could carry out all through the day.
- Tummy tucks: Here you suck in your stomach as if you want to touch belly button to your spine. This can be done 24/7 all through the day without designating any specific time of day for “exercising”.
- Deep breathing: Breathe out with a tummy tuck. Hold for 30 seconds. Breathe in on the relaxation. This will improve your breathing capacity.
- Planks: These are done by staying in a lifted push-up position. Start by getting onto your stomach. Push up on your hands till your elbows are straight and only your palms and toes contact the floor. Your hands are under your shoulders and your feet are hip-width apart. Engage your abdominals and keep your back flat. Simply hold this position for 30. Slowly increase to 1-2 minutes. Repeat 5 times.
- Advanced Planks: Graduate to alternating leg-lifts by lifting one leg at a time to further enhance the efficacy of this exercise.
- Side Planks: Do the same as above turning to your sides and pushing up on your hands and staying in a lifted pushup position sideways.
- Crunches: Sit-ups are the time proven answer to getting flatter abs.
- Heel Slides: Lie flat on your back with both knees bent, keeping your back firmly pressed to the surface you are lying on. Slowly slide one heel down, making sure your back is still pressed on the surface you are lying on. Stop your heel slide when your back lifts off the surface and hold the abdominal contraction for 30 seconds. Repeat 10 times on each side
- Pelvic Tilts: These are easy transversus abdominis exercises if you are deconditioned or pregnant. Sit on a chair. Push your lower back flat against back of the chair and hold for 30 seconds. Release and allow your lower back to relax. Do 10 repetitions.
Remember water is a very important part of weight loss and effectiveness of body sculpting exercises. Recommendations vary from:
- Drink 8-8 ounce glasses of water per day
- Drink water that is a third of your body weight in ounces
- Avoid tea and coffee as these are diuretics and dehydrate you
- Reduce salt intake as this stores water and increase your weight
The video below explains “body sculpting exercises” to shape your waistline
Check back for more on body sculpting exercises for your arms in our next blog
Try to solve the new Formula Cube! It works exactly like a Rubik’s Cube but it is only $2, from China. Learn to solve it with the tutorial on rubiksplace.com or use the solver to calculate the solution in a few steps.