Integrating Healing Dynamics for Autism encompasses the following treatments:
- craniosacral therapy
- visceral manipulation techniques
- advice on nutrition and diet
Our GOALS in the treatment are as follows:
- Rebalance the nervous system and release both temporal bones in order to improve: language, learning and focus/ attention,eye contact, social interaction and reduce sleep difficulties
- Improve intestinal health to reduce gastrointestinal problems (diarrhea or constipation) and ease up toilet training
- Decrease the body’s physical manifestations of stress via skin rashes/eczema and body pain
These GOALS CAN BE REACHED with:
- Diet and nutritional supplements, which are discussed below
- Drugs/Hormones like Baclofen, D-Cycloserine and Oxytocin
- Manual Therapy viz: Craniosacral Therapy, Visceral Manipulation and Sensory Integration
DIET AND NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS:
Doctors now know that the body of the child with autism requires very specific care by offering special enzymes for digestion, treatment for yeast infections, attention to digestive issues and nutrient and fatty acid supplementation. Numerous studies have reported that diet and supplemental nutrients may provide moderate benefits to autism patients, including higher scholastic test scores and earlier neurological development.Since every child is unique, results will vary. While there are several diets out there, the Autism Research Institute (ARI) found improvement in:
- 65% for those applying Gluten-Free Casein-Free (GFCF) Diet, and
- 66 % for those applying Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD)
These typically fall into the acidic food category. Research has found that the body is doomed for disease in an acidic environment. Broadly acidic foods include meat/fish, dairy and sugars (as in sodas as well) and alkaline foods include fruits and vegetables. To regain health (currently suffering from disease) a ratio of 90% alkaline and 10% acidic food choices has been recommended. The test for acidic/alkaline environment(pH) in the body can be easily performed with litmus paper purchased in a drugstore. It has to mandatorily read above pH7. Therefore, the first step by parents of autistic kids should include:
- Removal of gluten, which is the protein found in wheat, rye, barley, commercial oats, kamut, and spelt.
- Removal of casein, which is the protein found in dairy.
- Decrease the amount of sugar they feed their children.
- The guidance of a qualified nutrition professional is always recommended.
Successful parents begin with simple steps. They serve:
A diet comprising:
- fresh fruits, vegetables but avoid food that naturally contains salicylates (such as almonds, oranges, raspberries, apples, cherries, grapes, peaches, strawberries, cucumbers, plums, and tomatoes)
- grass-fed meats whenever possible
- organic foods to remove antibiotics, hormones and pesticides
- no pre-packaged, canned or frozen foods
- no foods that contain preservative, monosodium glutamate and additives like food colors and artificial ingredients
- big moderation in sugar intake
Nutritional supplements that include:
- omega-3 fatty acids,
- higher levels of minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium and chromium
- nutrient supplements of Vitamin-B6 and Vitamin-C, Folic Acid, Niacin, and dimethylglycine
- Methyl B12 injections or nasal spray
Finally, do not forget:
- water, and
- exercise are very essential to the living cell for it hydration and oxygen “nutrient” supplies.
The secret to success as in anything is to start and persevere and be consisitent. Children thrive on consistency.
Try to solve the new Formula Cube! It works exactly like a Rubik’s Cube but it is only $2, from China. Learn to solve it with the tutorial on rubiksplace.com or use the solver to calculate the solution in a few steps.